- Synopsis: Thanks to his starring role on a hit TV show, Bolt the pooch has become a household name. But Bolt has bought into his own heroic image, now believing that he really possesses the super-canine powers of his fictional TV series. When he's accidentally shipped from Hollywood to New York City, he must rely on the help from his two newfound friends -- an abandoned cat named Mittens and a TV-addicted hamster named Rhino -- as he embarks on a cross-country quest to get back to his owner, Penny. (from Blockbuster.com)
- Bolt? Really? It's actually really, really good. Surprisingly good. It's not as awesome as the next movie, but it's very entertaining.
- Next movie? Read on.
- Synopsis: Carl Fredricksen is a 78-year-old balloon salesman. His entire life, Carl has longed to wander the wilds of South America. Then, one day, the irascible senior citizen shocks his neighbors by tying thousands of balloons to his home and finally taking flight. But Carl isn't alone on his once-in-a-lifetime journey, because stowed away on his front porch is an excitable eight-year-old wilderness explorer named Russell. Later, as the house touches on the world's second largest continent, Carl and his unlikely traveling companion steps outside to discover that not only is their new front lawn considerably larger, but that the predators therein are much more ferocious than anything they ever faced back home. (from Blockbuster.com)
- I see a pattern here. They're both animated, and they're both about characters going on a journey, both physical and emotional? No, they both have talking dogs.
- When: 11/28, first movie starts at 7:00PM.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Movie Night #27
Unoriginal opening sentence wherein I express the belief that 2018 was a pretty good year for cinema, but not as great as 2017. Standard-iss...