- Synopsis: A man being pursued by a murderer stumbles into a mysterious lab and accidentally travels back in time. A naked girl in the midst of the forest. A cloaked stranger with his face covered in bandages. A disquieting mansion on the top of a hill. All of them pieces of an unpredictable jigsaw puzzle where terror, drama and suspense will lead to an unthinkable sort of crime. Who's the murderer? Who's the victim? (from tributemovies.com)
- Another horror movie? No, despite the poster with the masked man holding a pair of scissors, this movie isn't scary. Although it has characteristics of a thriller, it's more about the time travel aspects, more like a modern sci-fi story. Think BACK TO THE FUTURE, minus the comedy. (It does have some funny moments though.)
- A naked girl? Awkward... OMG bewbs?! Grow up, a nipple sighting won't kill ya.
- When: 5/2, 8:00PM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
- Synopsis: Down and out, with only straight-to-DVD titles under his belt and a recent job lost out to fellow has-been Steven Segal, the aging action star Jean-Claude Van Damme returns to Belgium a broken man fresh from losing a custody case for his daughter in Hollywood. Upon his arrival, the bad news continues with a disastrous ATM encounter that leads him into the bank and straight into a robbery situation, for which he's about to be blamed. Soon, crowds grow outside on the street, with the cops quick to point the finger at him and his fans cheering for his release. (from Blockbuster.com)
- This can't be good. That's what I thought when I first heard about it. Sometime after, few clips of the movie were released online, which were surprisingly funny and piqued my interest. Then I read all the glowing reviews after its screenings at festivals and I knew I had to see it.
- So, is it any good? It is. I liked it A LOT. It's funny, it's sad, it's well-crafted, and Van Damme shows that he can actually act! Who woulda thunk it? Seriously though, don't knock it 'till you've seen it.
- When: 4/18, 7:00PM
Unoriginal opening sentence wherein I express the belief that 2018 was a pretty good year for cinema, but not as great as 2017. Standard-iss...
I'm back in Austin for my vacation away from everyone I know. Yes, it's bittersweet. No, I don't regret it. Yet. Movie 1: CH...
So Hollywood is already working on adapting the story of the 12 boys and their soccer coach who were trapped then rescued from the Tham Luo...