Move Night #2
To celebrate Halloween, I wanted to show a really scary movie. Alas, I couldn't find anything worth showing. So I've decided to nix the scary movie idea and go with a double-header of horror comedy. Why two movies? Well I couldn't show one without the other, could I?
- What: Double screening of EVIL DEAD 2 and ARMY OF DARKNESS.
- What are they about: Several teens visit a broken-down cottage in the woods -- miles from civilization -- find a copy of the Book of the Dead, and unleash supernatural powers that gut every character in sight. All, that is, except Ash, who takes this very personally and spends much of the film getting his head smashed while battling the unseen forces. (Rated R for violence, blood, gore, language, and boobies.)
- Wait, what about EVIL DEAD 1: You don't have to see the first film to understand these sequels. EVIL DEAD 2 is pretty much a remake of the first one anyway (with better budget). And yes, ARMY OF DARKNESS is part 3.
- Where: Here.
- When: Saturday, October 29, 2005. 8:00pm SHARP. Remember, we're watching two movies (about 85 minutes each, you do the math).
- Who: Anyone and everyone. Spread the word.