... is today.
Gotta love Fridays, especially the Fridays when I get paid. Sometimes the paycheck is lower than what I'm supposed to get (i.e. today) but it's still a lot better than what I used to get at Islands. It's strange actually having a positive balance in my bank account. I feel... secure. I can actually pay for stuff! Coooooool.
What to do with this new found security?
- Buy an amp for my electric guitar. I've been eyeing the Vox Valvetronix AD60VT (w/optional foot controller). This thing may look small, but sounds really nice and loud for its size. It has a lot of effects too, so I won't need to get additional pedals or anything.
- Build a new computer. My computer has served me well the past two years, but it can't handle the new
- Buy a bike. I was supposed to get a bike with Adrian as soon as I had enough money, but I kinda forgot about it until now. There's a two-for-one deal going on at this bike shop near my apartment. I dunno if he's still interested. Maybe we should just focus on finding a new place for us first.
- Save up for a car. Probably used. I have horrible/no credit, so I can't get a new car. What about my Civic? It's long gone. I didn't like it anyway.
- Pay back the people that I owe. When I was struggling without a job and money, several people helped me out. HUGE thanks to them, 'cause without them I dunno what I would have done. You know who you are. Most of them -- actually, all of them -- helped me out without asking me to pay them back, but I intend to.
I can't do all those things at once. I need to choose one. The most likely choice would be the Vox 'cause I really need an amp, especially for the EM retreat. But I'm not sure if I can go, with work and all. Even if I do go, I would have to go up late since I have some training thing that Friday. Saving up would be easy to do. Or is it? I could just pay back some of the people, but I can't pay them all back. I'd rather do that all at once, not one person at a time. Bike, I'm not too sure about. It would definitely be better than the skateboard (less falling = less scrapes = less chance of me looking like an ass), and faster too. I'd rather get a new computer than a bike, though.
Dammit, I dunno.