Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
What good is a dream if you can't achieve it?
So I've been a bum for a couple of months -- no job, no school. I've been trying to figure out what to do now that being a cop sounds less interesting (appetizing? ideal? attractive?) every time I think about it. I'm too "me" (weak? dumb? thin?) for it anyway. So what am I supposed to do now? I've had conversations with few people about this, which leads me to believe that God is telling me to get off my ass and go do something about it.
Well I have a few ideas.
1. Go to film school. I looked into one in Florida. It's really expensive, and far. There's also USC, but again, the money. It's not even like I'm talented in this area, I've never tried it -- unless you count the "WTF?" episodes we did in Catalina couple of years ago. But my friends think I can do it. Some have been pestering me to write a story about my life, and make a movie out of it. That's just boring.
2. Enlist in the military. Man, they get hooked up. All I have to do is give my life for the country? Where do I sign?
3. Go to Korea and teach English. Believe it or not, this is a possibility. The pay is good, they provide housing, I don't even have to be able to speak Korean that much. The downside? It's KOREA, man!
4. Find a crappy, low-paying job and work there for the rest of my stinkin' life. This is the most likely choice. But I can't find a job, not even a crappy, low-paying one.
If I go with #1, I still have to go through #4 to be able to pay for it.
#2 sounds good, but I don't want to get tortured in some P.O.W. camp. Especially if we fight North Korea. They're CRAZY.
#3 sounds okay -- I'll be relatively close to my mom, get good pay, the job itself won't be that hard. But dammit, it's still KOREA!
Oh I forgot, there's another option.
5. Run away to Hawaii with Diana and live in a hut made of coconuts. Hip, hip.